Wednesday 24 February 2010

A Mixed Few Days

6 days on from my last update and I'm slightly up.
Still the lack of horse racing is leaving me betting/trading on football, which on Saturday went quite badly. I was going fine until the evening, when a match finished 0-0 which really shouldn't have. I had a loss and stupidly put more on the next match too, layed the draw, layed under 1.5 and 2.5 goals, as plenty were expected, but once again a 0-0 draw! This meant a total loss of £124.07. I made it back surprisingly quickly though, and with plenty of luck.

Here's a summary of the last few days...

Thursday 18/02/2010

Very little activity today, just two trades on horses, one gain, one loss, and a small amount made on football.

Horse Racing: -£0.33 | Soccer: £1.45  Total P&L: £1.12

Friday 19/02/2010


Again just a couple of decent trades on horse racing and no football.

Horse Racing: £3.42 | Soccer: £0.00  Total P&L: £3.42

Saturday 20/02/2010


Really bad day today, as explained above. I really need to stop having days like this, there's been to many losses of over £100 in a day and with a bank the size of mine, I just can't let it happen again.

Horses went well, traded in quite a few races and made small profits, but ended really well with a risky £18 stake on a horse at a price of 770. I had a feeling this would come down as it had started around 100 and the forecast price was 100/1. There was also quite a good amount of money traded for such a big outsider so I gambled and sure enough within a few minutes it dropped and I traded out at about 350 for a good level profit of around £20 if I remember rightly.

Today just proves why I'm looking forward to having horse racing every evening during the summer. I can be quite consistent on the horses and accept small profits but my mind just seems to work differently on football for whatever reason, but I think today's loss has really made me more determined not to let that happen again.

Horse Racing: £30.83 | Soccer: -£154.90  Total P&L: -£124.07

Sunday 21/02/2010

Didn't feel up to doing too much today after reducing my bank so much yesterday. Horse racing was off too due to the weather. I did manage a small gain betting that Sedgefield would be off so still managed a profit on horse racing without a race!
I was wary about the football but I got involved anyway but with smaller liabilities. I was limiting myself to a liability of £10 for each bet, which when I was laying draws, and under 1.5, under 2.5 etc meant stakes of mostly under £5, but results went well and it soon added up.
Then came the game of the day involving Real Madrid, I had my usual lays of the draw, under 1.5, under 2.5, but for this game I decided to lay under 6.5, so I needed 7 goals! There were 8 goals in the game, so all my bets were won including my £50 layed of under 6.5 (liability was only £2.50). This was a big relief to have recovered so quickly from yesterday, I was expecting it to take at least a week to get back to where I was. I won't be risking such big percentages of my bank in future though, I feel like I've finally learnt a lesson there.

Horse Racing: £4.95 | Soccer: £105.32  Total P&L: £110.27

Monday 22/02/2010


No activity today

Tuesday 23/02/2010

Just football today and again I managed to keep my liabilities low and come out with a nice profit which is how I need to go on.

Horse Racing: £0.00 | Soccer: £20.50  Total P&L: £20.50

Current Bank: £220.71
Total P&L since June 2009: -£349.29

Any feedback at all, good or bad I will be pleased to hear it, and also if anyone has any questions or would like me to explain something in more detail just ask.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. I've had similar problems with trading football. I find it hard to keep my discipline and have a occassional habit of chasing my losses. Then I feel like shit when it goes wrong for me. :-) But I'm slowly learning to take less risk and to take the smaller profits when they present themselves.

    Keep posting please..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, and I will keep posting.

    It's so hard to avoid chasing, especially when there's still decent matches to come. Sometimes it works and it feels good, but in the long run your almost guaranteed to lose a lot more than you win through chasing.

    Good luck with your trading.

    ReplyDelete

Any comments/questions welcome.