Thursday 18 February 2010

Silly Risk Goes Unpunished

It's turned out to be a good few days since my last update, but I really deserved to be punished last night (Tuesday), I'll get to that later.

Monday 15/02/2010

Didn't do much today, just a little on football. I've been interested in trying multiples in football, where you start with a small stake, bet on likely outcomes for total odds around evens, and double your money if the multiple wins, then next bet same thing, but with the original stake plus what you won on the last bet. I've read about a lot of people having success with this, it only takes a few good bets in a row to get into hundreds if you start with £10, so well worth a go I think.
Just a trial tonight with a £2 stake, which I won. Also lost a tiny amount on a partially matched bet of over 2.5 goals which lost.

Horse Racing: £0.00 | Soccer: £1.42  Total P&L: £1.42

Tuesday 16/02/2010

Again only football today, started well with a lay of under 2.5 goals in the Everton match (+£10) then next game was in the Copa Libertadores, which has been going well for me and producing a lot of goals so I went for a few goals in this game and also backed any unquoted in the correct score market. A very poor game only produced one goal (-£29.55). I also tried another multiple but lost this time.
This is when I did something which could have, and should have put a large dent in my bank. I set out 'chasing' on the next game, I wanted to get back in profit and risked quite a lot to do it. The home team were big favourites and expected to overpower the opposition so I layed under 2.5 goals, and backed any unquoted scoreline. Home team went 1-0 up just before half time, then early in the 2nd half home team made it 2-0 and the away team got two players sent off so all was looking good. Instead of scoring more they just slowed the game down to walking pace and didn't seem interesting in scoring. As the 90th minute approached at 2-0 I stood to lose a lot and end with a bank of just £44. I even entered this amount onto my spreadsheet as I thought I'd surely lost, then they somehow scored two goals in injury time to win my lay of under 2.5, and my back of unquoted leaving me with a bank of £138.27.
It was a huge escape and I really need to learn from that that I can't have such a big liability on football matches

Horse Racing: £0.00 | Soccer: £17.21  Total P&L: £17.21

Wednesday 17/02/2010

Started off with just one horse race, before going to my mates and betting on some football there.
Spotted a horse with a forecast price of 6/1, and it was up to 13.0 on betfair. The graph showed it had drifted a lot recently and was still drifting. There was also a lot of money to be matched on the backing side of the market, which made me think it would be pushed a little further still. It drifted to 14.0, then most of the money transferred to the laying side so I didn't see much more of a rise, so jumped in at 14.0 with a £40 stake, because I was quite confident. It didn't take long to start dropping and I layed and hedged at 11.0 for around £10 level profit. The odds shortened to below 10 before the off.

Onto football and in the Newcastle match I layed a draw, layed under 2.5 and backed unquoted. 4-1 was my prediction but as I couldn't bet on 4-1, unquoted seemed the next best thing. Won all these bets and the result was 4-1 with a last minute goal! (+£41.83).
Also layed under 2.5 in the Bayern Munich match as stats showed there were a lot of goals in all their recent games, score was 2-1 so also won this (+£9.51)
Then also tried to get going with multiples again and selected Newcastle and Bayern Munich to win, which happened adding another £10.35.
That means every bet won tonight, and my liabilities weren't as much as normal, under £50 for all bets combined so a very pleasing day.

Horse Racing: £9.51 | Soccer: £61.69  Total P&L: £71.20

Current Bank: £209.47
Total P&L since June 2009: -£360.53

I never planned to write so much on these updates, I just get carried away and go into too much detail! 
I think in future I'll trim them down a little and if anyone wants to know more about a particular bet which I haven't explained, just ask and I'll explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments/questions welcome.