Wednesday 10 March 2010

Good couple of weeks

Sorry for the lack of updates lately, and sorry if your main interesting is horse racing! Been a bit quiet on that lately apart from weekends, which have given mixed results.

Overall it's been an excellent couple of weeks since my last post. I had a run of 11 days without loss, which beats my record from last August. This was done with a combination of mainly football and a little horse racing, and in the 11 days I made £324, and average of £29.50 a day. Just shows how accepting a relatively small daily profits can really add up. It wasn't all just small consistent profits though, I did have a couple of days where I made far more than I should be able to with my bank, £110 and £77, this was on football and one some high scoring games. Real Madrid was one, I layed under 6.5 goals, and there were 8!

I knew when the day came and I had a loss, it wouldn't be a small one and I was right. I couldn't settle for just a small loss when I was chasing a 12th day of profit, so I went for one more match and ended up £62 down, which left me wishing I had stuck with the smaller £15 loss.

Anyway after that I was back to making too much! £173 on Saturday just gone, which was mainly made on the last 3 games of the day. By about 8pm I was around breaking even, then the last 3 games were all high scoring, and led to me winning some bets on over 4.5 goals, any unquoted etc, which give good winnings for only a small liability, if they come off.

Lost again Sunday, had an awful evening full of 0-0's 1-0's and 1-1's, which are all bad results for me when I lay the draw, layed under 1.5, under 2.5, and sometimes under 4.5 and back unquoted. I was gutted to end up £97 down after being a about £50 up after Evertons 5-1 win over Hull earlier in the day. I knew I should have stopped after that!

A small loss on Monday but then we get to Tuesday, and Arsenal! I did risk more than normal on this game but I did feel confident about doing it. I layed the draw, layed under 2.5, under 4.5, backed unquoted, and the big one, layed no hat trick at 1.03 with £100, just a £3 liability and Bendtner did it! All bets won on that game after a 5-0 thrashing of Porto. Also layed the draw, under 1.5 and 2.5 on the other Champions League match, and won all those too giving me a massive (by my standards) £201.86 profit from just two games, and a few minutes work. Finally I did the right thing and stopped, avoiding a game which I was originally going to bet on. It ended 0-0 so I'm really pleased I stopped while I was winning on this occasion.

Below is my profit and loss since 24/02/2010 when I last posted...

Horse Racing: £-10.49 | Soccer: £408.73  Total P&L: £398.24

I would rather it was the other way around though, I was trying to move away from football and focus on horse racing but figures like those won't have me quitting football any time soon! Just need to keep grounded and keep my risks as small as possible and still be happy with small but consistent profits. In the past I've often lost some discipline after a big win but on this occasion I'm determined to keep what I've won and build on it.

I've also just returned to profit for the first time since November last year, which is a big relief after being over £500 down not long ago.

Current Bank: £618.88
Total P&L since June 2009: £48.88

Any questions or comments are appreciated.

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. wow, nice profits there especially on Arsenal v Porto. Made a few quid on that game too but lost some the previous night on Liverpoo and Valencia. I'm slowly learning to be more disciplined.

    ReplyDelete

Any comments/questions welcome.